PREPARE For Your Care is a free website that walks you through five steps that help explore your wishes for your healthcare. It uses videos to show you how to talk to your family about important questions. You can create a summary of your wishes, and an advanced directive, which is a legal document that will make sure your doctors and your family follow your wishes and give you the care you want.
PREPARE helps you:
- Choose a medical decision maker
- Decide what matters most in life
- Choose flexibility for your decision maker
- Tell others about your wishes
- Ask doctors the right questions
PREPARE helps you have a voice in your care, talk to your doctors about your wishes, and gives your family and friends peace of mind.